Australian Cricket Society (ACS) Membership Value Proposition
The Australian Cricket Society (ACS) aims to be a welcoming organisation that celebrates and promotes the great game of cricket in the whole community.
Membership of the ACS entitles access to;
- All ACS functions at discounted rates,
- A copy of our annual magazine Pavilion and regular e-newsletters via email and online,
- The opportunity to play in ACS sanctioned cricket games and tournaments and
- The opportunity to participate as spectators in ACS supported overseas tours e.g. Ashes Tours
Your membership enables the ACS to support;
- Our primary charity partner, the Ponting Foundation
- a Junior Academy that provides high level training and mentorship each year to selected boys and girls of high promise
- a Literary Scholar each year to encourage journalistic writing on the great game
The ACS was founded in 1967 by a group of cricket aficionados with a vision to create a fraternity of cricket lovers to celebrate and “repay the tremendous pleasure we receive from the game”.
For over five decades, many thousands of members and friends have celebrated the game through dinners, meetings, film nights and the like. Down through the years, the ACS has been addressed by the Whos Who of cricket including Sir Donald Bradman, and in more recent years the likes of Kim Hughes, Damien Fleming, Rodney Hogg, Darren Berry and Ricky Ponting.
Our flagship Pavilion magazine is widely acclaimed as an annual journal of note. Pavilion is a great ambassador for the ACS sought by cricket lovers worldwide.
Our regular e-newsletters provide members news of activities, upcoming events and the exploits of our playing cohort, including player profiles.
Members have enjoyed playing the game through our Wandering X1 and now our Over 60s and Over 70s teams. Many otherwise park cricketers have welcomed the opportunity to rub shoulders in a friendly atmosphere with many former internationals and have played at some lovely high class venues.
ACS members have long enjoyed playing tours to Golden Oldies tournaments around the world, as well as tours as spectators to Test Match cricket all around the world.
Membership of the Australian Cricket Society is open to all. The Society has a proud history of welcoming all cricket lovers irrespective of gender, class or creed.
Payment may be made using Paypal using the form below, Bank transfer or Cheque (see details in the below form).
If you would prefer, payment of your Membership Fee can be made by Cheque addressed to Australian Cricket Society and posted to PO Box 4528, Langwarrin, Victoria, 3910 or by Direct Deposit to:
Account Name: Australian Cricket Society
Account Number: 143226314
Reference: please use your surname